Games Tools Programmer - C#
Roles : 3 hires - Junior to Senior.
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire
One of the best gaming houses I have been too (if not the best) in South Manchester are expanding their 250 strong technical and development teams.
They are in process of developing a first person science fiction game that is absolutely mind blowing with Hollywood A-listers as voice overs.
There are no office politics, I've been up to meet the team and can vouch for the environment. You get free parking and their tech set up is extremely sexy.
- Game systems architecture
- Core gameplay prototyping and development
- Implementing game progression systems
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
- Ensuring code and feature quality and stability
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation
Skills and Knowledge
- Passionate about playing and making games, and has a good knowledge of the games industry in general;
- Extreme C# programming skills
- Experience with WPF and MVVM
- Interest in UX
- Not worried about speaking with other studios internally across the globe
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools - MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Python experience
- Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with expertise in at least 1 area;
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a significant complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
- Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging.
Send your CV to Dan Rodrigues - or call me on 07825 444 051 for further information.
This role is based in Wilmslow and is commutable from the surrounding areas including Altrincham, Stockport, Macclesfield and Knutsford.