Business Analyst - Financial Services
4 Month Contract Role
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
The Business Analyst will provide analytical expertise to work on stage 1 of the implementation of an Information and Cyber Security (ICS)/Policy and Standards project within the banking sector.
As a key part of a fast-growing business, the role will necessarily expose the candidate to all levels of management and staff.
Delivery requirements will need to be communicated effectively to both business and technical audiences for them to be implemented by internal and external teams, in line with the delivery roadmap.
- The completion of analysis of relevant business processes and procedures by liaison with 'Key Control Owners' / business managers to identify gaps in terms of the ability to evidence compliance with the ICS Risk 'Key Controls'
- Produce a report identifying the critical / high-risk gaps from the above analysis
- Define and document the actions that need to be taken with an order of priority, in order to fully support the 'Key Controls' such that they could be successfully tested and evidenced
- Input to and support the production of a plan that would deliver completion of the above actions
- Support the assessment of the effort that may be required to support the business in the implementation of process and procedure changes required to meet the 'Key Controls' in the next stage of the project
- Other business analysis activity that may be required in association with the project as required
Know-How / Competency Requirements
- Goal Orientation: Maintains focus on agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Interpersonal Skills: Facilitation, Interviewing, Negotiation, Influencing, Written communication and Presentation.
- Change Management: Business change implementation.
- Business Support: Consults to identify relevant issues and agrees actions required for resolution.
- Planning & Prioritisation: Arranges work in a logical manner, with prioritisation applied and also flexibility to accommodate business stakeholders.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Business and / or Process Analyst
- T. and Business Change Projects
- Financial Services or large commercial enterprises
- Team and self-managed roles
Key Skills required:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- High ethical standards and the ability to build strong relationships
If you are a Business Analyst with financial experience and knowledge of Information and Cyber Security then APPLY NOW or contact ryan[at]applauseit[dot]co[dot]uk
Business Analyst - ICS, Financial Services - Sheffield