First Line IT Support Engineer
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester- commutable via Bury, Middleton, Chorley, Blackburn, Preston and Manchester.
Salary: £19,000-£20,000 per annum + benefits
8.30am - 5pm with early finishes Friday.
A leading financial company are looking to expand their IT services team by recruiting a First Line Support Engineer to join their established team.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate:
- Great communication skills
- A drive to make things better
- Management of a busy workload
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of contact providing First Line IT Support
- Manage customer requests on the system
- Escalate issues to the Project Manager or Development team as appropriate
- Carry out initial diagnosis and troubleshooting to resolve problems
- Deliver basic IT skills training to other staff
What experience will you need to have?
- Experience of working in a level 1 / First Line IT support role equivalent within an ITIL customer service environment
- Basic Knowledge of ITIL
- Desktop support experience in a Windows environment
- Experience in using ticket management systems
- AD administration experience
- Basic knowledge of small networks TCP/IP and router configuration
- Experience of maintaining MS Exchange and Windows Server 2008/2012
- Experience of laptop, desktop and printer hardware support
What will get me bonus points?
- Professional qualification in IT support
Please send your CV to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 285 3928 to find out more.
First Line IT Support Engineer/ Bolton